Deadline for Submissions: Friday August 24, 2018.
The Latino Art League of Greater Washington DC (TLAL) & The City of Gaithersburg Arts & Special Events Division, invites all artists members and not members of TLAL working in 2 dimensional formats to submit entries for our juried art show "Hispanic Heritage Month Show 2018". members are encourage to submit new artwork. Submissions following exhibition guidelines will be considered by the selection committee.
The Latino Art league's "Hispanic Heritage Month Show 2018" may be entered by submitting images online only. Send your entries to email@example.com with the word "Heritage Month Show 2018" in the subject line.
- Selections for exhibition are made by the TLAL's advisory committee from JPEG images only. Final acceptance is made by the The City of Gaithersburg Arts & Special Events Division from delivered work.
- Size for 2-D entries must not exceed 70 inches in height or width, frame included. Maximum weight not to exceed 200 lbs. No 3-D works will be accepted.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for photography and hand-pulled prints. Commercially produced prints, including giclée prints will NOT be accepted. Works must be priced for sale. Works previously exhibited in any TLAL shows are eligible.
- Submit up to five entries. Please submit one JPEG image per piece entered. The image file should be no greater than 2.0 MB with the recommended maximum pixel dimension of 2000 pixels.
- Attach info: Name, title, medium, price, year, and dimensions to every image.
- Entry Fees: A maximum of 5 original works created within the past 6 years may be entered. $60 is the participation fee for all artists and must be paid at the time of submission. This fee covers the participation fee and membership for one full year. If you are selected and you are not an active member, you will be required to join TLAL as a new member in order to be part of this exhibit, This is a great opportunity to join TLAL and have your first exhibit with us.
- (This is a TLAL members only show). Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Membership may be made during entry process.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and may vary from this prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on TLAL’s website and our social media accounts whenever possible. You can always contact us if you do not receive notice.
EXHIBITION & DELIVERY
Entering this exhibition shall constitute understanding and agreement on the part of the artist with the conditions stated in the guidelines.
- Please measure your pieces to ensure work meets any size limitations before delivery, include outer edges of frames. Work not in compliance will not be exhibited. No exceptions.
- Attach label to back with name, title, medium and price.
- No clip frames or taped edges accepted. Work must be presented in a manner appropriate to the artwork and must be equipped for installation. All work must me wire for hanging.
- Works requiring a barrier must use Plexiglas on all shipped work.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of TLAL for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site, or on subsequent years’ prospectus. Image will include attribution wherever possible.
- The City of Gaithersburg will retain 30% from all sales. TLAL will not retain any commissions for artwork sold.
- Work must arrive on time on schedule dates.
IF SHIPPING YOUR ARTWORK
- When shipping your artworks, please, include return label and return shipping fee in check or money order payable to The Latino Art League of Greater Washington, DC. If your art is sold during our art show, the check or money order will be sent back to the artist or refunded. Artwork and all correspondence should be sent to: TLAL (Att. The Latino Art League, with the word "Hispanic Heritage Show 2018" in parenthesis). The address will be specified in the acceptance email.
- Work cannot be withdrawn before end of exhibit.
- Artwork delivery date: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm. All shipped and hand delivery work must arrive on this day. Other details or any changes on the schedule will be specified by email in the acceptance notice. The Activity Center at Bohrer Park is located at 506 South Frederick Avenue. Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877-2325 .
- Reception with the artists: Thursday, September 13, 2018 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm.
- Artwork pickup date: Monday, October 29, 2018 at 10 a.m All unsold work must be pick up on this day. There is no on-site storage in the gallery.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
Hispanic Heritage Show 2018